Your roof provides the first line of protection against extreme weather. But although a roof is expected to endure strong winds, torrential rains, thunderstorms, snow, and hail, the effects of normal wear and tear, plus extreme weather conditions, make it necessary for you to check your roof for damage and any weaknesses following a large storm or inclement weather.
After an extreme weather event, a simple visual check from the ground can be helpful in determining whether your roof needs repair. Below are some of the questions you should ask yourself when inspecting your roof for any damage:
- From the ground, can you see any tears, dimples, lifts, or curls in the roof shingles?
- Are there any roof materials dislodged from the roof?
- Are there any water tracks, stains, or other signs of water leakage in the attic?
- Are there any holes or cracks in the fascia?
- Are there any splits or breaks in the gutter?
- Does the caulk in the flashing look cracked?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you will likely need to contact a professional roofer. If you need roof repair in Texas, speak with our team of Texas roofers at Black Slate Roofing, LLC. We are prepared to help you handle any roofing concerns, so call us today at (512) 969-6790.